BMC to install additional charging points for EVs in Mumbai
In BMC-owned public parking lots, additional EV charging stations will be installed, according to BMC.
In the city, BMC has about 26 public parking lots. Additionally, it runs several on-street parking lots. According to officials, mobile electric car charging alternatives will also be investigated. This implies that any electric vehicle may be set while on the road by installing a charging station inside a vehicle.
The budget reads the fire brigade and state chief electrical engineer have developed rules for safe charging. Private organizations will pay the costs associated with setting up the pricing system, and the BMC will receive income in accordance with the revenue-sharing concept.
In its budget for 2023-24, it mentioned: "The Central government is promoting the use of electric vehicles (EV in India and issued regulations and standards, guidelines to set up vehicle charging systems. Accordingly, BMC is setting up charging systems in municipal public parking lots and running them through private service providers."
- Toyota showcased modern and sustainable technology range at Auto Expo 2023
- 2023 Hyundai Aura launched, prices start from Rs 6.29 lakh
- Car sales January 2023: Maruti Suzuki, Kia, Tata Motors, and more
- Hero Xoom launched in India, prices start from Rs 68,599
- Mysterious Barriers on Highway in Madhya Pradesh